Thursday 24 January 2008

Hueco Tanks

I have been here for about a week now and so far I havent climbed without tape on my fingers!! This place is sharp! It also takes getting used to but am just coming to terms with it. Met lots of cool people and even landed myself a camper to stay in, sweet, especially when the wind gets up! Everyone is super friendly, even with my constant abuse!

The climbing is pretty cool and have just been scoping stuff out really as I adjust to the crimpiness of the climbing. I have got close to lots but not sent so much yet. Did 'The Flame' the other day which is cool looking prow, although a bit boxed, in the rock is really nice. Fell off yesterday with my hand on the finishing jug of 'Power of Silence' which was a bit disappointing but it seems to be a lot of peoples bogey problem! Its an amazing line and definately hard for the grade! Hopefully will do some more dispatching soon, as I feel close to quite a few things.

Off to see 'Slashface' tomorrow which I am very psyched for!

Other than that I am trying to teach these yanks a thing or two about the English language and they seem intent on taking the piss out of my accent!

Hopefully a few photos soon depending on how quickly my friend gets his ass in to gear.

1 comment:

Paul Bennett said...

They are taking the piss out of you? you should remind them of "Flick the kill switch, kill Ty kill."