Monday 5 May 2008

Trying to get into the Swing of Things!


'Swiss Crisp Mix', V10, Hueco Tanks.

A picture to brighten up this stimulating blog entry of one of the crimpiest (is that a word?) mothers in Hueco!

Have been climbing again for about 3 weeks now and my strength and fitness are slowly coming back. I have no plans to start training properly again till I return from Europe in July.

Have been on limestone a few times and although conditions have been whack I feel strong enough but my puff seems to run out very fast. More fitness needed!

I also put on a rope for the first time the other day. I got close to 'Rattle & Hump' at the Tor but no cigar. Next time hopefully.

My plan is to head to Europe for about a month, visiting Magic, Fionnay and maybe Varazze. Then head over to Montauban for the World Cup round in early July. I am not going to do it but Ned is and I am the designated driver plus there should be a good party after anyway!

In July I am moving into a new house in Crookes with a cellar, Bonus! Gonna get back into hang boarding regularly and start trying to campus twice a week, plus getting out on slimestone as much as possible.

Until then I am just going to enjoy climbing and this sun that seems to have turned up.

Amsterdam on Friday for 3 days as well which should be a blast!

No comments: